Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Days: 13" in Indy

Well, well, well, I have to laugh because yesterday was a nightmare. A nightmare, and I tried to make the best of it. Well, my little Cobalt got stuck in the middle of the rode. I look over and a couple that was shoveling just gave up falling into the snow while taking cell phone pictures of the snow. I started laughing in a way then I wondered would I ever make it into work and would I get into trouble if I didn't. I was supposed to be there at 9am, but that didn't happen.

I couldn't just leave my car in the middle of the road, so I tried to push it, but no luck with that. I began to freak out just a little. I went back inside to get warm and cut some cardboard pieces to put under the wheels but still nothing, no hope. A man came from across the way, and I was so thankful. Thankful he came to the rescue. He pushed and pushed while I tried to steer the car. We finally got it back into a spot.

I begin calling everyone, Chris didn't answer, mom and dad already at work, and then Chad from work was getting ready for work. He was going to come and get me, but I didn't want him to be late for work so he went ahead to work. Chris called back, but he was also stuck too. I began researching and the bus was near, so I get back on my winter snow boots and off to the bus stop. Everyone their was freezing. They were glad I brought the schedule for the inbound stops for downtown. Then, there it was like a new light....the bus. Oh faithful, it would get me to work.

After getting off the bus, I thought...WOW, that was dedication but also a headache. I was so glad I was able to make up the time at work for when I arrived late, but I'm wondering was it worth it in a way. LOL, yes oh yes it was...as soon as I sat down to begin my morning at work. I hit the button to get a job and WOW.

My morning just got better, a picture of a lady was flashing me. I began talking a bit and laughing, "Okay guys what is this, umm how do I tone this?" I thought as taking a double and triple look...am I really at work, did the guys plan this job, is this a joke just the everyone came over to see what I had and then I zoomed out of the PDF image to see not only the upper half out there like it was but so was the lower half. WOW, so much information yet wondering what the CMYK percentage is of this..... Too funny, that made my day I would have to say. Thank you so much to my team leader for handling that image for me. I am still wondering if there should be some sort of cheat sheet on how to tone certain images like this. Let's just say the rest of the day I feared opening PDF images. Classic day!

No comments: